Friday, March 14, 2008

Mid-terms: what did you think?

Were they hard? Easy? A little from column A, a little from column B?

When I get through grading the mid-terms I'll have the overall grades (no names, sorry) for both classes available here. So far, it's looking like it was at least a semi-difficult test.

Cuesta students who happen to be hanging out here this morning: arrive as early as you can--assuming I make it on time...man, what a morning! Blackbirds began an onslaught on our garden and I had to go get netting to cover our pots lest they eat every seed we planted this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I came in terrified but left relieved... not that it was too easy! I was just surprised at how much I retained from studying.

Although, during essay #1, I strained my brain for about 5 minutes trying to remember the term "independence training"... then realized I was wasting time, and tried clumsily to describe it... oh well.

Um, this is Cody Pettit from Cuesta by the way... can't get any but Anonymous to work.

Unknown said...

Not too bad. The matching and short answer stuff was pretty smooth... and the essay questions weren't impossible.

However, my answer could be very different once I get the results back.

Anonymous said...

I was excited to find myself knowing how to respond on the multiple choice, matching and short answer. It was the essays that were tricky for me. I realized that I got several things mixed up on the essays almost instantaneously as I stepped foot outside of class. How frustrating. Maybe I studied too much. So much in fact, to the point where the synapses stopped firing and instead began attacking my brain!!! Poor brain...

Unknown said...

I thought the test actually did well to test the level of understanding of the material. Regardless of the difficulty level, I'd say it was an accurate test, which for me is fun because I'm a dork.

Unknown said...

I was happy the test wasn't another 50 question scantron test, but that isn't to say that it was all too difficult.